Skip to main content



Help with homework

  • Complete problem solving modules on the web
  • Start as early as possible in the week
  • Come to Prof. Datta’s office hours
  • Come to TA office hours
  • Make sure you have checked
  • Post your question to
  • Work in a group, if needed (we encourage working in a group, as long as you are making sure that you are contributing at about the same level)


Help with exams

  • Revisit problem solving modules on the web
  • Do as many additional problems as you can. There is no substitute for this. To make this feasible, start early and do a few problems on a regular basis. All problems in text are from the past exams–they get added each year after the exam, so the higher numbered ones are the more recent ones. There are no preferred ones but start from the last problem of the chapter (that will be more recent and also more demanding than the very early ones).
  • See a copy of a past exam on the website
  • Carefully go through summary pages in your coursenotes
  • Read the text. For each chapter, notice the major concepts, important terminologies, map, summary (with page numbers), problem solving discussion and a list of descriptive questions. Use the problem solving sections in particular as these were developed with your problem solving in mind, i.e., when do I use which equation?
  • Have group problem solving sessions, if possible
  • Any questions, email TA or Prof. Datta


Help when you miss a class or a submission


Help with stress

If you are experiencing undue personal or academic stress at any time during the semester or need to talk with someone about a personal problem or situation, I encourage you to seek support as soon as possible. I am available to talk with you (email me) about stresses related to your work in my class. Additionally, I can assist you in reaching out to any one of a wide range of campus resources, including:


Help–Accommodations for students with disabilities

In compliance with the Cornell University policy and equal access laws, I am available to discuss appropriate academic accommodations that may be required for students with disabilities. Requests for academic accommodations are to be made during the first three weeks of the semester, except for unusual circumstances, so arrangements can be made. Students with either an ongoing or short-term disability are encouraged to contact Student Disability Services (SDS) for a confidential discussion of their need for academic accommodations.  SDS is located in 420 CCC building; phone number is 254-4545.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Skip to toolbar